Introducing Shelter Nova Scotia.
Shelter Nova Scotia is passionate about accomplishing two things:
- Ending homelessness one person at a time
- Helping men and women make the change from prison living to community living
Bold? Perhaps. But we believe in the strength of the human spirit and the desire of people like you to help.
We live in the real world. And in the real world, bad things can happen to good people. When obstacles placed before a person become too enormous to overcome, it’s crucial that person have a place to go.
Shelter Nova Scotia helps individuals maximize their inherent greatness. We believe, with your help, we can connect positively with the men and women we serve in ways that help them experience a better life. We do this by aiming high, reaching far, and working tirelessly. Shelter Nova Scotia is here – without judgment – to help.
In pursuit of our goals, Shelter Nova Scotia oversees the operation of:
- two facilities for men and women experiencing homelessness
- a supportive housing program for men and women moving from shelter living to community living
- an apartment complex for men transitioning out of shelter life
- a Community Trustee Program for individuals in the community
- two Community Residential Facilities that help men and women make the change from prison living to community living